At a news conference Monday, former Chiang Rai governor Narongsak Osotthanakorn said the second rescue involved numerous same divers who brought the four boys out on Sunday.
Children look at pictures of students before relatives and friends pray for the 12 schoolboys and their soccer coach trapped inside a flooded cave, at Mesai Grace Church in the northern province of Chiang Rai, Thailand, July 8, 2018. "They are now at the field hospital near the cave", Tossathep Boonthong, chief of the health department in Chiang Rai in northern Thailand, told Reuters.
Dr. Harris on Saturday undertook the risky dive to reach the 12 Thai boys and their coach and later gave the final approval on the boys' health, clearing the way for the rescue attempt which commenced yesterday and succeed in bringing out four of the survivors, the paper reported.
The Daily Telegraph is reporting that the sixth was rescued just two hours later.
A green tarpaulin is used to cover the entrance of the Chiangrai Prachanukroh Hospital, where the four rescued boys are being kept in quarantine.
A diving crew is now making the treacherous journey to save the group of 13 boys aged 11-16 and their football coach who are trapped by flooded tunnels. Another five still await rescue, including the team's 25-year-old coach.
Three Thai Navy Seal divers and a medic are still on their way out of the cave.
Seven more boys and the coach are still trapped.
Thirteen divers and five Thai Navy SEALs are involved in the operation, in which the trapped team must walk or wade through muddy areas of the winding cave and rising waters. Each of the rescued boys has been guided through the dark winding cave by a pair of divers.More news: NATO Braces For Trump, White House Says Business As Usual
More news: Ocasio-Cortez's lineage: a history of 'socialists' from NY
More news: 'We Care': Over 600 Women Facing Arrest at Senate
However, rumours have rated that he has apparently been giving his food to the boys to keep them healthy, if this turns out to be true he may be rescued sooner rather than later.
Narongsak Osatanakorn, the former Chiang Rai governor who's been heading the rescue operation, said the four children had to dive more than half a mile to get to safety. The group became stranded after torrential monsoon rains caused the system to flood and were missing for nine days before being discovered by two British divers early last week.
An official reportedly told a Thai TV station on Monday morning that they didn't want to name the boys because "they're afraid it will affect the parents of kids who still remain inside".
"Next couple of evacuations, I think they are going to bring the boys out in groups of four, so there will be two more groups, plus the soccer coach of course".
"The weather conditions and other environments today are as good as yesterday".
The boys rescued from the Tham Luang caves in Thailand are "happy and well" according to the head of the rescue mission, Narongsak Osotthanakorn.
Although weak, they are largely in good health, authorities have said.
One boy asked for a fried chicken dinner.
The president of soccer's governing body, FIFA, has invited the boys to the World Cup final in Moscow on Sunday if they make it out in time.