Video Shows View From Inside Bus As Conor McGregor Throws Dolly

Adjust Comment Print

A new UFC video surfaced Sunday showing even more shocking footage from McGregor's rampage.

During a press conference Friday, White said fighters forced off the card due to the incident, in which McGregor and a group of men were caught on video attacking and damaging a bus carrying several fighters on Saturday's card, would still receive their show money.

Quiet and humbled, McGregor couldn't talk his way out of trouble in a NY courtroom.

UFC star Conor McGregor was released from custody on $50,000 bail Friday after a brief arraignment on assault and criminal mischief charges stemming from Thursday's outburst at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

He previously told Reuters he made an eye-watering $US140 million ($A196 million) from last August's boxing match with Floyd Mayweather. "We'll get back (to Las Vegas) and focus on Conor McGregor".

According to the NYPD, McGregor has been charged with three counts of assault and one count of felony criminal mischief.

The popular Irishman is tight with UFC 223 fighter Artem Lobov, who was involved this week in a scuffle in a hotel with Khabib Nurmagomedov. He cannot leave the State of NY with this warrant.

UFC President Dana White said Friday he spoke to McGregor via text and the brawler said the confrontation "had to be done".

"We had talked about him fighting in September", White said. "There's nothing to think about this week, I think, except for this event". "He justified it. It was justified to him".

According to a business man staying in the same hotel as Mc Gregor in Manhattan the fighter is still causing trouble. Pic UFC
According to a business man staying in the same hotel as Mc Gregor in Manhattan the fighter is still causing trouble. Pic UFC

The windshield of one bus was cracked, and fighter Michael Chiesa suffered cuts to the face during the incident.

Security arrived early to the Barclays Center before the fight.

McGregor apparently had tried to throw other large items - including a metal trash can and a chair.

White also said that the attack "was the last stunt on Earth we would ever pull". "But when you bring in twenty hoodlums that flew in from Ireland to basically do this at our event, there's nothing like this that has ever happened".

Lobov was yanked from the card and banned from the building.

A second MMA fighter - 25-year-old Cian Cowley of Dublin - has also been charged as a result of the incident.

However, ABC News reported on Thursday that NY police are still investigating the incident and have not issued a warrant yet.

Conor's manager Audie Attar released a statement on Saturday defending him and said that they are waiting for the verdict from the law and the UFC, they are the ones who will decide on a punishment.

Journalist Chisanga Malata took to Twitter with the image, claiming that it's Conor McGregor's booking ticket.

More news: Hamilton: Ferrari dominance proof Mercedes doesn't have 'party mode'
More news: Catalonia's Carles Puigdemont calls on Madrid to 'respect democracy'
More news: Russian on Yulia Skripal's plane from Moscow probed over "novichok" attack

Comments