House Fire Leaves Family Homeless For Christmas

Adjust Comment Print

Firefighters were able to take control of the fire and put it out before it could cause major damage to the rest of the home.

The heavy fire was on the second floor and a second alarm was called in at 6:33 a.m., fire officials said.

A vacant home that was to be rented sometime soon was rendered a total loss after a fire on Christmas Eve caused its roof to cave in. The fire also damaged a nearby home.

The fire started on the stove top where residents were cooking, he said. They have opened a shelter at the First Baptist Church on East Main Street in Spartanburg for those residents. They attacked the flames and had the fire under control quickly.

More news: United States vetoes United Nations resolution against Trump's Jerusalem decision
More news: Lady Gaga finalizing deal for Las Vegas residency
More news: Jack Wilshere admits Arsenal were 'scared' of Liverpool before mounting Emirates comeback

American Red Cross disaster responders were brought in to assist the family with its immediate needs.

The City of Spartanburg, North Spartanburg, Una, Hilltop and Westview Fire Departments responded to the blaze.

The fire remained under investigation on Christmas Day. No other injuries were reported.

Comments