Dembele suspended as Dortmund reject Barcelona bid

Adjust Comment Print

Dortmund said a move to the Camp Nou was "not very likely" after they turned down an offer that did not reflect Dembele's "extraordinary" value or the current state of the transfer market.

Ousmane Dembele has gone AWOL at Borussia Dortmund after the attacker failed to turn up for training on Thursday, according to manager Peter Bosz.

"As there has been no further offer from FC Barcelona to date, there is now no transfer of the player to FC Barcelona and this is not now likely". "BVB therefore rejected this offer".

Dortmund's manager then went onto question why Dembele wasn't in training: "Ousmane Dembele was not in training today".

The club released a statement via their official channels and said: "Borussia Dortmund have held talks with Catalan club FC Barcelona regarding the possible transfer of the BVB player Ousmane Dembele to FC Barcelona".

More news: Trump says Foxconn CEO may invest $30B
More news: Lawyer wants Trump's testimony in 'fake news' suit against Fox
More news: 'Amit Shah's entry into Rajya Sabha good for BJP'

Dortmund later confirmed that the player would be given a fine and be suspended for their DfB Pokal cup match against non-league Rielasingen this weekend. Because of that behaviour we will sanction him.

"I'm not a phenomenon, I'm just trying to be decisive for my team-mates, there are a lot of talented young people in football", a modest Dembele said last March.

Dortmund have previously insisted Dembele is not for sale, although Sky in Germany understands he would be allowed to leave for £135m.

Dortmund only signed Dembele from Rennes last summer for €15m and the Frenchman has impressed in his debut season in the Bundesliga.

"I talked to Dembele yesterday [Wednesday]". I hope that nothing bad has happened to him.

Comments